Author Topic: Myford ML7B Tri-leva Model Engineers Lathe  (Read 295 times)

Offline classicdelights

• G3 Society Member
Myford ML7B Tri-leva Model Engineers Lathe
« on: Jul 19 2018 07:48 »
Myford ML7B Tri-leva Model Engineers Lathe

On Offer, a really nice Imperial Myford ML7B with the rare Tri-leva head which effectively gives you 3 clutches as well as speed change.  The ML7B has the Myford Norton gearbox with power longitudinal feed and screwcutting.  The lathe is in excellent unworn condition, the bed has no marks at all and there is no discernible wear to the ways.

The lathe was purchased about 10 years ago from Howard at www.myford-lathes.com
in Bath, it was over £2000 at the time.  He has a couple of Tri-leva ML7s in stock at the moment ranging from £1980 to £2580 and that is with no extras, essentially just a 3 jaw chuck.  Do not confuse stock from this source with the average lathe offered on eBay, these are top quality machines that will last a lifetime.  This one had just one model engineer owner before me and comes with a couple of thousand pounds worth of extras.

I have been very happy with the Myford and have made a few gauge 1 and G3 size locomotives on it but now it is time for something larger.  The lathe comes with the following extras:

•   Drip tray and genuine Myford raising blacks with studs

•   Bernard 4” 3 jaw self-centring chuck with reverse jaws as well

•   Bernard 6” 4 jaw independent chuck

•   TOS 4” 4 jaw self-centring chuck with reverse jaws as well

•   Jacobs tailstock chuck

•   Chuck keys for all above chucks

•   Genuine Myford vertical slide (swivelling type) plus matching Myford machine vice

•   Genuine Myford Dixon toolpost and tool holders plus original Myford toolpost

•   Resettable dials for cross slide and top slide

•   Myford collet set

•   Fixed and travelling steadies (genuine Myford)

•   Face plate and catch plate

•   A starter that can be mounted on your bench or cabinet

•   A bed protector for use when changing chucks

This is a super little lathe, it has 4 ½” centre height and there is lots of information on the website: www.lathes.co.uk

It is located near Haverfordwest, you are welcome to come and collect it but I can secure the whole lot to a pallet for delivery.  I am looking for a realistic price of £2000 or very near offer.

Please email me on: flints234@btinternet.com or phone me on: 01437 890632 for any information you require.

Phil Flint