• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

2019 AGM/EXHIBITION ?

Started by Richard T, Sep 20 2018 23:09

« previous - next »

Richard T

As 2019 is approaching, is there any information available regarding the 2019 AGM ?

The 2018 AGM held at Amptill was very  successful, plenty of activity, traders, moving trains and some demo's, of which I contributed.
So are there any plans regarding traders attending etc. And will it be advertised to the wider pool of enthusiasts/public ?
So we know when - 23rd February 2019, and where - Rufus Centre, Flitwick.

Any other info ?

Richard
Richard

MikeWilliams

I don't think you will get a list of traders for a while yet because we havn't been asked.  The G3S doesn't work like the organisers of other shows you have been involved with (up to 12 months ahead) and the plans are done much later.

Mike

Peaky 556

Never fear Mike, thou shalt be asked!
The premises are larger than last time at Ampthill, leaving space for more traders.  Roy Horrocks is organising the trader invitations.
The room for the AGM is much larger at Flitwick next year, as we were all painfully aware, it wasn't adequate last time.
Regards, Tim

IanT

I'll be putting an AGM notice on the G3S website later this week - but the info I have currently is as follows:

Gauge '3' Society - Model Railway Gathering & AGM

Layouts - Chalfont and Rundle
Demonstrations & Trade Stands

SATURDAY 23rd FEB 2019 from 10AM to 4PM
Entry to show - Member Donation £3 / Non-Member £5

The Rufus Centre, Steppingley Road
Flitwick, Bedfordshire
MK45 1AH

As I get more detail - I'll update the announcement.

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

cabbage

This may be me... But I rather liked it with all the children and families there last year. I was told this was down to an advert in their local press. If so, could this be done again?

Regards

Ralph

LankyTank

Ian

Don't know which version of the flyer you've got - but the Mk1 version has the byline (after the admission charge) 'Family Ticket'.

Yes, the local press advert/write up is also a very good idea......  Ted/Alan......??

Barry

IanT

No - not on mine Barry - but if you send me the latest version - I'll make sure that what the website says...

Regards,

IanT

MikeWilliams

The committee may wish to consider putting an advert here
http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/events
and/or in the model railway press IF they want to attract the general public.

Mike

Peaky 556

Mike,
Thanks for the link, unbeknown to me free publicity.  On searching though I see our event is already in their calendar, albeit the wording needs attention.  I will try and progress that.
Regards, Tim

LankyTank

I'm all for free publicity Tim, must be my Yorkshire blood. Not me, this time, didn't know the site promoted shows.

I'm responsible for the traffic on Facebook & Western Thunder, so far - if I can think of any more, I'll probably do something there as well (don't do RMWeb)......

Can I leave it you to put them straight.....?

Ta
Barry

IanT

OK - 2019 Model Railway Gathering & AGM announcement now on the G3S website - together with the current list of Traders. I'll update this as more Traders confirm their attendance (apparently there are still a few left to respond)

Regards,

IanT