Author Topic: Buffer Stocks - Now avaialbe from G3S Shop  (Read 272 times)

Offline IanT

Buffer Stocks - Now avaialbe from G3S Shop
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:48:18 pm »
A Gauge '3' Buffer Stock is now available from the G3 Society Shop - and very nice it looks too!

Please see https://www.gauge3.org.uk/ for photo and details.

Regards,

IanT

PS Some Spring 2019 GTG dates have also been added ... more to follow
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline Peaky 556

Re: Buffer Stocks - Now avaialbe from G3S Shop
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:16:12 am »
Although the image in the website only shows the stainless steel version, it is available in brass or stainless.
Both have been on display at the Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition this weekend and aroused quite a lot of interest.
Rgds, Tim

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 06:30:50 pm »
Looks very nice.  So far as I am aware, "buffer stocks" are the guides for buffer shanks, whereas the things that prevent stock rolling off the rails are "buffer stops"?  But I stand to be corrected.

What it is a model of - railway, date?

Mike

Offline IanT

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 11:14:50 pm »
Quite right Mike - they 'Stop' things  - not 'Stock' them.

Mental aberration on my part I'm afraid (something to do with having them in stock I suspect) which will be corrected on the website ASAP. Got my hands on one today at The Fosse and they are very nicely made...well done Paul.

Regards,

IanT.
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline John Candy

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:39:13 pm »
They appear to be identical to those which were supplied to me by John Witts several years ago.
They were also offered in brass or stainless option (mine are stainless of which I have 8 ) and I have always thought them to be a LNWR design.....which is now in some doubt since Mike has asked their origin!
There are plenty of photos of the real thing of this design and I have seen them (in photos) as far south as Southampton!

I can confirm they are VERY strong and look good when painted (mine have been outside for several years and the paint has not flaked off, even though stainless steel is not an ideal base to which to apply paint.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
Might be LNWR, don't know John.  Fixed to rail with three bolts whereas I thought most used four bolts like fishplates, which is why I asked.  Curious and they do look good.

Mike