• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

What is it?

Started by John Candy, Oct 24 2018 21:33

« previous - next »

John Candy

I was about to throw this in the bin when it did occur to me that someone may have a use for it.
It came with "odds and ends" in the box of an unmade GRS kit acquired via Ebay.
I assume it is some kind of DCC decoder but the markings mean nothing to me. I have no idea if it works but if you know what it is and have a use for it, a SAE will secure it.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Doddy

Train Control Systems DCC Decoder

$30.95http://tcsdcc.com/1021
The T1 is a multi-purpose HO-scale decoder. This decoder may be hard-wired or plugged directly into any locomotive with a 9-pin JST plug. This decoder is also available with adapter harnesses with 8-pin NMRA plugs installed. See the "Variants" page for more options.
Note: The Green and Purple wires on this decoder are not used. The T1 is a 2-function decoder, but still uses the 9-pin JST which includes the Green and Purple wires.
Additional Note: These decoders are a popular choice for use on turntables or other applications where precise motor control is necessary. The ability to set up button-controlled BEMF allows you to automatically and accurately step your turntable. See our programming guides in the literature section for more information on Button-controlled BEMF.

• Back EMF Load Compensation:
  •   Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.

• Quiet Drive:
  •   Super-quiet motor control for "buzz" free motor performance.

• DC Mode:
  •   Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.

• Variable Momentum:
  •   Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.

• Incandescent Bulb Support:
  •   This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.

• Function Remapping:
  •   Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.

• Programmable Lighting Effects:
  •   Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!

• Dimmable Brightness:
  •   Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED's or incandescent bulbs.

• Decoder Lock:
  •   Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.

• Airwire™ Compatible:
  •   Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.

• User-Loadable Speed Tables:
  •   Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.
"You don't know what you don't know"

John Candy

Thanks Doddy.

So, does anyone have a use for this H0/00 decoder?
Having just a 1.3A (12V) rating it isn't likely to be of any use in G3 applications.

John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.