• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Parts for building a G3 electric BR standard 4MT 2-6-4 tank

Started by Traininvain, Oct 10 2018 12:38

« previous - next »

Traininvain

All the hard work has been done to build a superb model of this popular locomotive.

Parts include:
- Body comprising boiler, firebox, smokebox, side tanks and cab, plus bogie and pony truck, all built from brass by Dave Walker of Cromford Designs.
- Laser cut steel mainframes by Model Engineers Laser. This has been assembled and TIG welded by MEL and is complete with headstocks, milled and installed sprung brass hornguides and axleboxes, plus laser cut steel blanks for connecting rods.
- Full set of Mark Wood cast iron wheels, all turned and drivers are complete with balance weights on telescopic axles.
- Set of highly detailed lost wax brass castings for the boiler injectors and other detail fittings.

A bargain at £400, delivery costs extra, or can bring to AGM or meet by arrangement.

Contact Ian Harper by text or voice on 07989 912186 for pictures and further details.

Traininvain

MikeWilliams

Is this the one I saw a few years back on Mr.Walker's stand at a show?  If so that is indeed very good value.

Mike

Traininvain

MikeWilliams

The wheels alone must be worth that.  Somebody please buy this soon as I can't resist for long even though it is way out of my modelling period!

Jon Nazareth

What does one of these look like made up and is this pre or post grouping?

Jon

AllWight

Hi Jon

It is most definitely post grouping as its a BR design.

One of Mr Riddles better designs a compact machine and economic

Mark

LankyTank

Jon

If you recall your visits to western thunder, various people have been making (a very nice job of) the MOK 4MT tank - it's one of them.

It's a BR Standard design, post Nationalisation - so you're looking at about 1953/54 onwards (if I remember correctly)

midnight miller

Hello All

For what it's worth Hornby Doublo make 1000's of them in the 50's & 60's . Pic's available on request . Very nice they are too .

Traininvain

This has now been sold and many thanks to those who enquired about it.

Ian