Author Topic: Latest GTG Dates...  (Read 355 times)

Offline IanT

• Workshop Practice Adviser
Latest GTG Dates...
« on: Dec 20 2018 21:27 »
The Winter 2019 Newsletter (Issue 115) has a list of GTG and Events for 2019 but does not include dates for Dick Allens "Parkside" GTGs near Farnham - and incorrect dates for Graham Pearces "Parkwood" GTGs near Huddersfield.

The correct GTG dates are given on the G3S Website however - as well as those exhibitions/events being attended by the G3 Society or G3 Railways that I am aware of.

I would be very happy to publicise any other 'G3' related events/activities on the G3S website if asked to do so via the G3S website 'contact' page.

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline 753

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
Re: Latest GTG Dates...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02 2019 09:55 »
Hello Ian

I am a new member and would like to find members who are happy to share their tracks within a 50 mile radius  of Oxford, can you advise?

Regards

Mike

Offline IanT

• Workshop Practice Adviser
Re: Latest GTG Dates...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02 2019 14:52 »
Hallo Mike - and welcome.

I've just run a quick check and I'm afraid I cannot find a GTG site within 50 miles of central Oxford - but there is one at 51 miles, another at 55 miles and third at 59 - so all just a little further than your ideal I'm afraid.

However, they are all very good (and popular) venues, where you will meet other G3S members - some of whom have garden railways that tend to be by invite-only for various reasons (limited parking, smaller gardens, electric end-to-end only etc). The ones I know of are all going to be 60 miles plus I'm afraid but hopefully a few extra miles will prove worth it - and there may be other railways nearer that I don't know about or that are still being planned...

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.