Author Topic: Next Year...  (Read 174 times)

Offline cabbage

Next Year...
« on: Dec 25 2018 11:58 »
Having nothing better to do with the time I havr sat down and begun to plan what I will do withy railway. I have decided that 2019 will be a year of completion.

1: I am going to finish building my Black Five kit.
2: I am going to finish Southern Magyar.
3: Finish all the wagons and coaches
4: Complete the signalling system.
5: Install the second line to produce twin track running on the CPR.

Parts 1&2 will have to wait for better weather as I will need to do brazing outside. I may be crazy but not enough to use a 7kW propane torch in the kitchen... The required parts are pn prder for Part 3 and the "Bring and Buy" stand may also be a source. I have a laser etcher and reprap to help make the parts. Building the "Westinghouse Type L" has been a time consuming process. I have modified IKEA Glis pencil boxes and fitted them with four DPDT relays. I have yet to start the "stuffing" with cables and terminators to provide the simple logic circuit required. The largest project for this year will be the doubling up of the line from the end of the drag strip all the way around the summer house and back to main house. Yes, my order has given both the plastic and Clif Barker a hernia lifting it!

This means that visitors to the CPR might be slightly concerned about wires etc hanging around the track, but they will be "dead" until after the last GTG at the CPR.

Regards

Ralph

Offline Peaky 556

Re: Next Year...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25 2018 19:05 »
That’s an amazing list Ralph, so have you contracted Santa’s elves as of tomorrow to help ? 😀

Offline cabbage

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25 2018 19:48 »
Tim,
The nearest thing I have to a helpful elf is either a couple of years older than me and wears cassock and vestment or his guitar smashing youngest son!!!

The main problem will be moving the 4.8metre long straight sections and aligning the curve segments at the back of the summer house. These are the only two person jobs that I foresee. A lot of construction work to be done on the deck on front of the summer house which is not what it was originally built for...

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12 2019 09:45 »
I have been ordering my bits and pices off eBay... I have started stocking up on the consumables and new tooling that I will need for this year. I am in the process of printing the parts and lasering the PCBs for my CNC router.

After having consulted AndyB I have opted to go with an ER-11 colley chuck system. This where it gets really WEIRD!!!

Getting the collets and the MT2 chuck was easy, however the "artificial intelligence" aspect of the eBay experience is *strange*....

When I ordered the 1 to 7mm collet set, the recommended purchase was a pack of 12 edible knickers. I ordered the 400w motor PSU and ESC. The item suggested was a lace trimmed corset. Yesterday I ordered the top and collet spanners plus a 1/4" and 1/2" bore collets. The suggested item was pink, glow in the dark and took batteries...

Hmmmmm.....

Regards

Ralph

Offline Peaky 556

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12 2019 15:23 »
Well Ralph, it’s well known these sites target your known interests!...😜