Author Topic: ACE TRAINS G 3 ??  (Read 750 times)

Offline MikeWilliams

Re: ACE TRAINS G 3 ??
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22 2019 17:44 »
That's #1 but we have hijacked the thread about ACE trains!

Mike

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #16 on: Feb 22 2019 18:04 »
Ashley, I have never been involved with RTR production but if the main stumbling block is quantity, then would be best starting point be a common wagon such as a wooden 7-plank 12ton or steel 16ton?  Some are available in Gauge 1, so presumably the Chinese manufacturers could enlarge the design fairly simply at a price probably around £150 complete, RTR, painted and lettered.  But the manufacturer would need to be selected carefully as some of the Gauge 1 RTR wagons I've seen are just not good enough.

As an example, the G1 RTR wagons I can find are just not right, but the Lionheart (now Dapol) 7mm ones are very good.  I wonder where they are made?

Mike

Offline John Candy

« Reply #17 on: Feb 22 2019 19:00 »
How about a battery/electric Cauliflower?

All the castings (or at least the patterns for them) are available and I presume brass etches could be made available for other parts (e.g. boiler).

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #18 on: Feb 22 2019 19:10 »
Well yes, I do plan that John, once the steam ones are finished.  There are a lot of castings available now and the platework for the engine is pantograph milled, so able to be replicated.  But its not mass appeal RTR, so you too are hijacking Ashley's thread!

Mike