Author Topic: Garden Rail : Gauge 3 articles.  (Read 287 times)

Offline John Candy

Garden Rail : Gauge 3 articles.
« on: Mar 13 2019 16:16 »
I have been told by Mark Thatcher that Issue 296 (out in a few days) will contain two G3 articles.

The "Plantagenet"  project, which spawned the Sentinel 100HP 0-4-0 VBGT, is covered by one, the other being a review of a Williams Models coal wagon kit (both articles were prepared by Mark T).

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline hornbeam

Re: Garden Rail : Gauge 3 articles.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14 2019 19:49 »
On the subject of the Sentinel what’s the current state of play with that project?

Offline John Candy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14 2019 20:17 »
Hi Simon,
I don't recall seeing you at the AGM, if so, you won't have seen the small display with the update.
My "Plantagenet" was on display with the current state of the first of four examples, which have been "commissioned" by the G3S for sale as RTR models.
The models are being assembled by Geoff Nicholls using parts supplied by Williams Models.
There was one running chassis and one part-built body at that time.
I imagine Geoff will have made some progress since that time but I have not heard that the first model has yet been completed.
The article for Garden Rail was prepared at the end of January on basis that the first completed "for sale" model would be available at the AGM and that the remaining three would be ready shortly thereafter.
Issue 296 of Garden Rail should be in the shops today..... the article is entitled, "A Little King?", a reference to the subject of the article, "Plantagenet".
Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline hornbeam

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15 2019 20:37 »
Thank you John, very informative.