Author Topic: Walsall Mk1 coaches on the workbench  (Read 615 times)

Offline AllWight

Walsall Mk1 coaches on the workbench
« on: Mar 28 2019 10:16 »
A bit of progress on the gauge 3 mk1’s tonight. The brake coach and the two comps have had all the holes for door and grab handles reemed out for test fitting, grab handles on the guards door fitted, 6 removable interior sections stained, window frames glued in place and end steps fitted. The interiors will probably get a thin coat of varnish as well prior to the seats been dropped in place and the white veneer tabletops fitted. Then it’s onto painting the body shell and everything else.

Offline AllWight

Re: Walsall Mk1 coaches on the workbench
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28 2019 10:17 »
A few more pics

Mark

Offline AshleyW

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28 2019 13:11 »
hi mark, can you make some notes on how the main body goes together etc and do me a part 1 of the build for the society magazine please, really appreciate it if you can . it may also encourage others to buy and have a go and swell further interest in gauge 3, cheers, ashley

Offline AllWight

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28 2019 14:19 »
Hi

Yes I can do that whats the best email address t send the article to?

Mark

Offline Peaky 556

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29 2019 08:10 »
It would be useful if the article included costs and options for the basic kit too. 😃

Offline Doddy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29 2019 09:58 »
It would be useful if the article included costs and options for the basic kit too. 😃
And for non-society members perhaps a posting in this thread please.  ;D
"You don't know what you don't know"

Offline AllWight

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29 2019 12:10 »
Hi Doddy

I can do a series of updates if its of interest

Mark

Offline Doddy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29 2019 12:59 »
Hi Doddy

I can do a series of updates if its of interest

Mark
Yes Mark, they would be greatfully received. Not only for the construction of MKI coaches specifically, but for coach design overall.
Many thanks in advance.
"You don't know what you don't know"

Offline AllWight

« Reply #8 on: May 15 2019 13:46 »
Over the last few weeks I have been painting the three gauge 3 mk1’s. The body shells have had a spray of Halfords etch grey, Halfords plastic grey primer and Halfords white primer for the internal walls. More recently I started to brush paint the pearl grey of the blue/grey onto the upper part of all three coaches (the 2 TSO's and the BSO). This was using the railmatch acrylic paint. There has been four thin top coats applied with gentle rub backs in between each subsequent layer. Next week I will be masking off the coaches ready for the spray blue from the Halfords car paint range.

Mark