Author Topic: Latest resin building  (Read 203 times)

Offline wolfstone

• G3S : Monkton Priors Team
  • Group A Forum Member
Latest resin building
« on: Apr 04 2019 14:54 »
My latest building using resin construction method a close replica of Witham station (the Essex one)

Offline John Candy

Re: Latest resin building
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04 2019 18:11 »
Nice job, Tim.

I have to say, although I have passed through Witham Station thousands of times, I have never taken much notice of the buildings.

Have stood on the down platform on three occasions.... once to change for a Braintree train, second time when the "wrong sort of snow" put the Clacton-bound emu out of action and third time when we were thrown off the train because the driver refused to continue, with what he claimed to be an overloaded train (having already travelled non-stop from Liverpool Street). The train then left Witham empty!

On that final occasion I arrived home at around midnight ...... we (a full 12-car train load) were on Witham station for a couple of hours, since drivers of following trains refused to take on the load! Final stage of my journey (which had left Liverpool Street at 17:00) was by Eastern National bus from Marks Tey to Sudbury .... control had to order an emergency bus from Colchester garage since the last branch service had already left. We stood on Marks Tey for what seemed like hours waiting for the bus to arrive!
The joys of commuting......and it doesn't sound to be any better 30+ years on.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.