Author Topic: GWR City class loco  (Read 723 times)

Offline John Candy

Re: GWR City class loco
« Reply #15 on: Jun 16 2019 19:31 »
Mike,

A very nice model ... I can forgive it for being G1!

A Saint (probably a "Lady" series with the original right-angled front drop end and level running plate) is in about eleventh place, behind LNWR, GCR and GNR locos to which I am already committed (as joint projects).
Taking into account my additional commitment to producing LNER/GNR/GCR coaching stock (as well as completing my garden line and sorting out Monkton Priors) I may well expire before I get to starting it!

While on the subject of coaches, what are you planning as a train for "Truro"?
My only GWR coaches are six E147 brake compos (the type sold by GRS as a 2-car "B set ).
I would like GWR "Toplight" gangwayed stock and a Dean clerestory or two and have looked at several options, both home produced and by commissioning laser cut or etched brass sides/ends.
As with everything, time is in short supply!

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline John Candy

Re: GWR City class loco
« Reply #16 on: Jun 17 2019 08:27 »
Mike,
Have you yet built the tender for "Truro" and , if not, is it your intention to build a Dean 3000 gallon as it appears in the photo in your earlier post?
The reason I ask is that I need a similar tender for a Collett Goods 2251 class and I am going to be cheeky and ask whether (as a commission at an agreed price) you would be willing to make a second?
After recent bad experiences with a "professional" model-maker, I am hesitant to outsource work but your work is clearly to a very high standard.
Won't be offended if you say "no" (time is precious) but thought it would be worth asking.
Regards,
John.

Footnote: This matter now subject of personal messages.
« Last Edit: Jun 19 2019 07:04 by John Candy »
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.