Author Topic: SOUTHERN N CLASS MOGUL SPIRIT FIRED FOR SALE  (Read 280 times)

Offline AshleyW

• G3 Society News Officer
SOUTHERN N CLASS MOGUL SPIRIT FIRED FOR SALE
« on: Jul 09 2019 10:15 »
N CLASS mogul on proven dyak chassis.  It was built over about 18 months being completed in 2017.  It is meths-fired with a JvR Type B boiler.  You will see from the video that it steams very well maintaining full pressure whilst running.

In essence it has 2 cylinders, is meths-fired, it has a mechanical lubricator, locomotive type boiler with 6 fire tubes, axle and hand pumps and a strong wood storage and transport box.

Here is a link to it running:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtSQqMdeUM

in lined late B.R livery, the front ring has had paint affected by heat, but not blistered and the loco has the patina and look of a real B.R workhorse. it can raise steam from cold in around 3 mins and has plenty of energy and can pull large loads.

it was purchased as a stop gap until my next bespoke loco is finished, which is about to happen,so get yourself a good reliable runner here.

£2900.00 o.v.n.o call 07544 686 670 or email a.wattam@btinternet.com

« Last Edit: Jul 09 2019 11:37 by John Candy »

Offline AshleyW

Re: SOUTHERN N CLASS MOGUL SPIRIT FIRED FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09 2019 10:16 »
further video of seeing how slow i could run her
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Um7I7km8U

Offline cabbage

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09 2019 11:07 »
Ashley -you mean that it is a smoke tube boiler?

regards

ralph

Offline AshleyW

« Reply #3 on: Jul 09 2019 15:18 »
the description is from phil flint, the builder of the boiler. it's not one of those with big gap underneath,it has proper tubes as per regular locomotives.

Offline classicdelights

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 10 2019 10:14 »
The locomotive has a fire-tube boiler.  It is a locomotive type boiler with a firebox.  The meths burner is totally contained within the firebox and combustion air enters at the base of the burner through small holes so all air goes through the burner.  This is not to be confused with the many meths-fired locos that have a huge gap around the burner tubes so cold air goes straight past the burner and down the nearest flues.

The burner must be lit through the fire hole door, you cannot light the burner from underneath as per Aster and others.

I hope this helps.

Have a look at this video of it running on test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtSQqMdeUM

Phil

Offline AshleyW

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07 2019 12:42 »
price reduced £2795.00 dont miss out on a loco that runs well, you can stand back and admire, rather than constatnly tinkering . ash