Author Topic: 2-knowledge...  (Read 1804 times)

Offline cabbage

Re: 2-knowledge...
« Reply #75 on: Aug 29 2019 14:41 »
These are the bogie side plates. The inner one carries the axles and the outer one carries the pickup shoes. I have yet to work out the reaction control arm for the motor. This is going to be the same motor as used (nicked) by the Apple Tree Railway...

regards

ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #76 on: Sep 07 2019 13:29 »
Having been released from confinement... I have got 8mm silver steel bar which is my normal "locomotive" axle. This is bause yhe Bull gear is normally 8mm bore. I plan to run the axles in 8mm bore ball races. The plans as provided by "Locomotive Design" show a rigid suspensionless bogie. What I intend to do is mount the inner plates as compendated with rigid outer plates. This will give some form of "easement" to the bogie as all four wheels will be constantly in connection with the rail. A simple Z wire spring will hold and control the axles when not in contact with the rail.

At the moment I am awaiting the epoxy on the lathe screw handle to set. I got tired of it unwinding and comming off in my hand. This even after loctite green...

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #77 on: Sep 08 2019 16:31 »
Slow but steady Sunday! Most of it having been spent "line boring" wheels, sprockets and home printed driver bosses.

Getting the PLA parts cool enough to use a reamer on -proved challanging. Eventually I kepr the reamer in the freezer and then fitted it before cutting.

The boss supports and drives the last wheel
 There will be an electrical take off from this wheel that will couple to the bull gear wheel. Thus both gears have to be insulated from the rest of the bogie. Both the bull gear and driver boss will be M4 bolted to the wheel. The M4 bolts will be tagged to the length of 15mm gas pipe hel on the boss and bull gears. A simple springy strip makes the connection.

This will hold the NC side of a relay open and as connection is broken as it passes over a fish plate the blue and white leds "arc"!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #78 on: Sep 16 2019 08:59 »
Having got a few things out of the way...

This is the progress it may look strange but it is the careful thinking of a madman(!)

Regards

Ralph