• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

An interesting little lot.

Started by John Candy, Aug 27 2019 12:29

« previous - next »

John Candy

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Andy B

Buxton Model Works (Dave Parker) is a regular attender at our AGMs but I don't ever recall him showing anything like the overlays shown.

I'm sure an email in his direction would being an answer.

Andy

MikeWilliams

Looks like they sold and at £35 I'm not surprised - the wheels alone account for most of that!

Not seen these printed sides in the flesh but have seen pictures.  They look like printer on paper, you cut out and stick onto a basic box.  Strapping etc is not in relief.  Looks like somebody dabbling in Gauge 3 and decided it was not for him - pity.

Mike

John Candy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Live-Steam-Garden-Railway-Gauge-1-Wagon-Overlays/254235821801?hash=item3b31a2c6e9:g:EZAAAOSwcHhc4G-L

Seems the same overlays were produced in G1 ..... but in the corner of one sheet can be seen "Buxton Model Works September 2018".
The two sets of overlays are priced at 20GBP .......... seems expensive when compared with the G3 bundle at 35!!!

John
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

IanT

Yes, I recall these but I cannot remember if it was at an AGM or the Guildford Show (maybe both)

Daves Dad used to have a small 'lathe' demo stand there in the Marqee...always used to stop by for a chat.

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.