• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GRS LNER brake van any good?

Started by hornbeam, Sep 07 2019 13:32

« previous - next »

hornbeam

Afternoon.

I'm considering getting a GRS resin BR/ LNER brake van kit. I know there were details on the old gauge3madesimple site but has anyone built one and are they a good kit? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks

Simon.

AshleyW

John Candy

All content of the G3MadeSimple site (now discontinued) I have transferred to The Gauge 3 Wiki  www.gauge3.info

The notes on the resin version of the GRS kit can be found at

http://gauge3.info/downloads/docs/kitsandconversions/wagons/BR_20t_Brake.pdf

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

LankyTank

Ashley

At the time of this email they're showing two in stock.

Ta
Baz

hornbeam

Thanks for the link John, and they seem to have two in stock. Having two GWR toads, and one LMS and also I one SR (not completed) brake vans I don't need another but am rather fond of this type of van.

AllWight

Do not forget the SR Queen Mary Simon from Walsall models...................

Mark

MikeWilliams

And somebody does a kit for a GER 10-ton brake van, which became LNER too.

Mike

hornbeam

Mark- I haven't promise 😄

Mike that's on the list as I rather like the look of it too.