Author Topic: Battery power  (Read 255 times)

Offline John Candy

Re: Battery power
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27 2019 08:12 »
Jon,

If your Slater's box is marked GBG3-50C, then it is the same unit as in my J39 and to be fitted to the 2251.
It will not turn very fast on a 9V supply (I have checked it using a large non-rechargeable EverReady PP9 which is putting out 9.7V) since the motor is rated @ 24V. I would suggest 14.4V nominal (i.e 12 x AA Ni-MH) for your application.... at 50:1 I would estimate it should give in the region of a scale 40mph.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline Jon Nazareth

« Reply #16 on: Sep 27 2019 08:31 »
John
I've measured the case of my motor and it matches yours so, it can be assumed that they are the same model.  I'll phone Slaters later on and check to see if it is actually a 24 volt motor.

On another tack.  I've remembered that I have an MSC, 25:1, 12 volt Crailcrest motor and 1/4" axle gearbox.  Would this be okay to drive Lion?

Jon

Offline John Candy

« Reply #17 on: Sep 27 2019 08:43 »
Jon,

If the Crailcrest unit fits, then I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

With a 12V motor, 9.6V nominal (i.e. 8 x AA Ni-MH 2300mAh) should work very well.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline Jon Nazareth

« Reply #18 on: Sep 27 2019 09:07 »
Thanks, John, it looks as if we may be getting up some steam after all.

Jon