Author Topic: Midlands M E Show  (Read 253 times)

Offline 753

Midlands M E Show
« on: Sep 30 2019 09:43 »
Anyone planning to attend the show, starts on Thurs 17th. I will be going on the 17th, might be good to meet up for a chat?

Mike

Offline Sleeper Agent

Re: Midlands M E Show
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30 2019 10:23 »
I wasn't even aware of the event :P Bank isn't too healthy right now but the craftsmanship on the website does look mighty impressive and it's not much more than 2 hours away from me so I'll try and go. Not sure which day yet as it depends on car access.

Offline IanT

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30 2019 12:24 »
I'll be wandering around the Fosse on Saturday.

My good Lady & myself have a very good arrangement where this show is concerned. She meets an old girlfriend (who lives in Coventry) in the car park and they go off for a Ladies lunch and visit a local NT or something similar. I get a bacon sandwich for lunch and a quiet afternoon to enjoy myself & maybe buy one or two things (some nice quality small files last year...£1 each)

Best of all - She looks forward to it!   :-)

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline Peaky 556

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30 2019 23:16 »
Mike,
The Society will have a manned stand right through the show, so please come over and say hello.
I’ll be there on the Thursday.
Regards, Tim

Offline cabbage

« Reply #4 on: Oct 15 2019 19:57 »
I have accepted the offer of a lift from Tim, so I will be there on Thursday. Just look for someone with a death grip on a mug of tea  or   cheese and onion cob! (= roll, balm, bread cake, stovie etc).

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19 2019 09:33 »
I had a nice time there on Thursday and yes -the wallet suffered from my feeding frenzy! I got the two pieces that I really was after a new three jaw chuck and backplate. The thing that could be classed as an impulse buy was the baby forge from CUPalloys. My piece of LMS 2F firebrick has been retired from duty. I did get a chain splitter and links for my 2-Nol.

The most valuable thing I brought back from it was *IDEAS*.

To quote Wednesday Addams "Be afraid, be very afraid"...

Regards

Ralph