• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

London taxi from ICM

Started by MikeWilliams, Oct 29 2019 19:14

« previous - next »

MikeWilliams

ICM, the Ukrainian plastic kit manufacturer, has released a new kit in 1:24.

MODEL KIT No 24031  Type AG 1910 London Taxi

Ideal for a pre-Grouping station forecourt, maybe.

Mike

MikeWilliams

And here is a contemporary picture of the real thing.  Not bad at all!

Mike

Andy B

Slightly limited market  - who has the space to model a London Terminus in G3 (think 'Copenhagen Fields' [urlhttps://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/layouts/copenhagen-fields/]https://www.themodelrailwayclub.org/layouts/copenhagen-fields[/url]/ at nearly 7 times linear size!)?

But I see that ICM have also introduced new variants of the Model T, which may have wider appeal.

Andy

MikeWilliams

Quite true Andy, but there are just so many Model T models already, more than all the other types put together .. which I suppose is not for off what it should be!  Personally, I'd still like to see some nice horse drawn parcels vans - horses were common in goods yards until well after Nationalisation.

Mike

Andy B

Quote from: MikeWilliams on Oct 30 2019 22:41
Personally, I'd still like to see some nice horse drawn parcels vans - horses were common in goods yards until well after Nationalisation.

Mike
I agree - another thing on my 'round tuit' list!
If I can crack the challenge of 3D modelling the wheel spokes (which aren't simply round sticks) then it will have some momentum again.

Andy

MikeWilliams

I could let you have drawings and photos of LNWR ones Andy ...   ;)

Jon_C

Andy what software package are you using? I could have a look answer if I can draw the wheels out if would like? I'm using fusion 360, but this will generate a DXF file that can be used by most 3D software packages.