• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

ex MSE Signal Arms

Started by LankyTank, Nov 19 2019 06:57

« previous - next »

LankyTank

Collective

Back in the dim & distant past, it would appear that the Society approached MSE to produce/supply various signal arms in G3, chatting to Andrew Hartshorne at the Wakefield show at the weekend, this was a one off & hasn't been repeated since.....

Now, cutting to the chase, are there any of these items still for sale (was the uptake sufficient to clear the shop stocks?) or am I looking for preowned items (you know, that box under the bench that might come in handy one day....).

If there are none available, via either channel, would it be worth going for a re-etch?

I'm looking for LMS type rather than the GWR type.

Barry

IanT

Hi Barry,

I arranged for MSE to produce the G3 signal arm kits back when (2011) the Society was looking for items useful to stock in the Society Shop. We (the G3S) purchased a small quantity (I think 20 of each) for sale but they didn't exactly fly off the shelves I'm afraid and there were still some in stock when I ceased being involved with such things.

I have some (somewhere) but still plan to use them myself one day (I have a very long TUIT list).

I don't know if Andrew would be interested but suggest you try to get firm orders from other G3 modellers who would like some. He will probably want a single order, paid on receipt and (I suspect) for more than one or two...

Regards,

IanT

Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

wolfstone

Hi I would be interested in upper quadrant probably 10 or so.
Tim

MikeWilliams

Whilst taking to him why not get a price for a complete signal - much more useful than just an arm?

Mike

John Candy

QuoteWhilst taking to him why not get a price for a complete signal

I tried that over 3 years ago ....... he never got back to me.... see

http://g3forum.org.uk/index.php/topic,1747.msg11317.html#msg11317

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

LankyTank

Hmmm.....

Yes, perhaps a 'different' approach is required?   He didn't show much enthusiasm.......

Barry