• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Digital Calipers now at Aldi

Started by Peaky 556, Jan 23 2020 14:28

« previous - next »

Peaky 556

These are in my local Aldi now, at the bargain price of £7.99.  I've used them for years now and find them pretty reliable and repeatable.  At least they are for a couple of years before getting worn, then the linear transducer keeps losing track of where it is.  In summary they work very well, until they don't, but it gets very obvious when that happens.  I've bought two more!
Tim

John Branch

I have also bought a couple of these over the years and found them very useful.  However I am not convinced of their accuracy  even over the short term.  On the other hand I have a 100mm Axminster tools conventional vernier caliper (I paid £12 three years ago) and it is really first class, especially not having to take any transducer's output on trust!

John