• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Fantastic new book - highly recommended

Started by MEL 41, Oct 10 2011 17:50

« previous - next »

MEL 41

Last week I received my copy of the last of Peter Jones' books "Making model buildings for garden railways". I say the last because, as many of you will be aware, Peter passed away in April 2009. In fact this book has been finished by his daughter Kes.

A full review of the book will be in the next edition of Garden Rail, but I cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone who is interested in making buildings for their railway. Some of the ideas are so simple that you wonder why you never thought of it. There are plenty of money saving tips too. All this is written in a really easy to read manner by a man who had years of experience and was nothing short of genius IMO.

The book is available either direct from the Crowood Press or via Amazon.

http://www.crowood.com/details.asp?isbn=9781847972729&t=Making-Model-Buildings-for-Garden-Railways

bolingbroke

Hi Mel,
Agree entirely, got my copy on Wednesday through Amazon. Below the main Amazon listing was availability shown from  Speedy Hen at a cheaper price, about £19 delivered. Seemed a good bet and I received my copy within 36 hours.

Sorry to read the preface reporting the author had passed away.

Regards,
Roger.