Author Topic: Wanted - Track, inc points.  (Read 334 times)

Offline Bruce_L

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
Wanted - Track, inc points.
« on: Aug 11 2020 14:08 »
I'm now in a situation where I can re-vamp and enlarge considerably, my quite small G3 garden layout.
I should be moving house soon and I'll be using the much larger garden (the exact move was agreed with the management on the suitability of the garden for a new layout!!).

So, I need more track. I'm looking for the GRS-type heavy garden track (code 330 I think). I will need points as well, preferably larger than I have at 8' radius (so 10' radius or 12' radius for a longer layout) and quite a bit of track. This can be track or rail; I can obtain the sleepers for the latter.

So, think if you have any surplus, or perhaps you are changing over to Cliff Barker track. Some of mine will be at ground level so I want to retain the large profile track and it will match what I already have as well. Let me know what you have to offer and we can discuss how to proceed.
Thanks guys!
Bruce
Bruce

Offline joewatt

• Group A Forum Member
Re: Wanted - Track, inc points.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24 2020 20:38 »
I've reduced the length of my layout over the years, so have some GRS track taking up room in my garage. It has GRS plastic sleepers with the brass 'Tenmille' rail they supply. Also, it has had exposure to the elements and most is formed into roughly 8' radius curves. I've not measured how long it is because I've only just read your post. I don't have points available.
The downside is you'd have to arrange collection from York. Let me know if you want me to measure it and provide a photograph.

Offline Bruce_L

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20 2020 12:45 »
Thanks very much to the members that had some surplus track and/or points that were offered.
It's not all quite arrived yet, but I should have nearly enough to fill my new garden with track.
I won't be sure until I have sole ownership of the house and, in particular, the  garden,
 which should all happen shortly, so let me know if you have left-overs of code 330 track or large-radius points.

I also thought you might be interested what my 'blank canvas' looks like:
Bruce

Offline cabbage

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20 2020 14:02 »
It's FLAT too!!! Coming from a part of the world where flat is almost a theoretical concept - it is going to be a joy to build.

Regards

Ralph