Author Topic: October Opening  (Read 511 times)

Offline cabbage

October Opening
« on: Aug 25 2020 09:13 »
Roy has asked if it would be possible for me to open the CPR to local members and visitors after I have finished all the trackwork and building? I will admit that I had never thought of late season running...

So, who would like to come?

Regards

Ralph

Offline AshleyW

Re: October Opening
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25 2020 18:00 »
i would if not on a day i work, i'd already asked tim if i may join him for inspection some time. think it'd be good to get an appraisal from the local members and have a run and see what we've been reading about . ash

Offline Peaky 556

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25 2020 23:27 »
Happy to come Ralph, keep us posted.
Thank you,
Tim
Facebook.com/AppleTreeRailway/

Offline cabbage

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26 2020 09:31 »
Ok then. I do warn you that it is probably going to be more a fault finding day - than running!!! But the normal CPR hospitality will be available. The beetroot crop has been pathetic but there are a few good ones to make  a "Rose Cake" and a Bakewell Tart always seems to be welcome.

I have Dans 21st and getting them settled in for their 3rd year at Keele next month. Only about 5m of track bed needs to be made and the trackwork nailed to it.

As always Tim I would appreciate your help with "Hillock" to find the faults...

Regards

Ralph

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26 2020 11:20 »
I'm sure Thomas would welcome the opportunity to turn a wheel with his young driver, if we may.

Andy

Offline cabbage

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26 2020 12:15 »
The Small Controller is always welcome - although I suspect not quite so "small" anymore!!!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #6 on: Aug 27 2020 11:39 »
The provisional date for the October running session is Saturday the 24th. I know there are several newish members around the South Derbyshire area - whom I have not met. Would they like to come along, slurp some tea, munch some cake and have a few apples/pears/grapes from the orchard.

Pass the word around and let me know via e-mail!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #7 on: Oct 15 2020 10:51 »
Today we are going to test and examine the trackwork. As far as possible I have removed errant leaves and fruit. When a quince hits the trackbed -you FEEL it!!! As stated before all members are welcome but the total number can now only be six at any one time. You are welcome to watch from the living room or kitchen.

Being deaf could you please let me know via e-mail if you wish to come and I will send you the "information pack".

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #8 on: Oct 15 2020 15:13 »
Ashley and Tim are headed back. The track test went well I think. There are still a few places where there are lumps and bumps - but nothing major. 

Regards

Ralph

Offline AshleyW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 15 2020 21:04 »
here's some images of ralph's railway. we have done our best today to make it satisfactory for runners. steady electric operators should be pleased and lets hope it'll become an established venue on the g.t.g scene.