Author Topic: GRS Track and Pointwork - Offers Invited  (Read 293 times)

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
GRS Track and Pointwork - Offers Invited
« on: Jan 09 2021 00:10 »
I am the custodian of a small quantity of GRS trackwork owned by the Society.  It is surplus to Society requirements and is offered for sale to the highest bidder, in several lots:

Lot 1: Approx 14.5m of track in 15 main pieces, some not very long, some pre-curved.  Includes 5 off simple rail-built buffer stops already attached to short lengths.  Some of the buffer stops will need resoldering.  A bid of £72 has been received.
Lot 2: LH points, 3-off, possibly of medium radius say 10-12 feet.  A bid of £77 has been received.
Lot 3: RH point, 1-off as above.  A bid of £27 has been received.
Lot 4: RH point, 1-off smaller radius, may be 8’.  Offers around £20.

This has been listed on the Members Messaging Service for the past week and is continuing for another week to try and attract further offers. I’d suggest I leave this open here for a week too, and check out any offers, which could be publicly posted here or by PM to me.  Photos or further details on request.  I shall report the findings.
Thank you,
Tim
Facebook.com/AppleTreeRailway/

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
Re: GRS Track and Pointwork - Offers Invited
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14 2021 14:02 »
I’ll draw the auction to a close tomorrow (Fri 15th) at midnight and see where we are come the weekend.
Thanks and keep safe.
Thank you,
Tim

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
Re: GRS Track and Pointwork - Offers Invited
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16 2021 09:33 »
‘Morning all, I’m pleased to report that several bids were received for all of these surplus Society-owned items, and the auction has been concluded.
Winning bids for these lots were as follows:
1. £110
2. £120
3. £40
4. £37

Many thanks,
Tim (Treasurer)
Thank you,
Tim