Author Topic: Wagons, unfinished locos and maybe more at auction  (Read 263 times)

Offline MikeWilliams

• G3 Forum Moderator
Hansons of Etwall, Derbyshire have a huge sale of toys and models on 5th February including quite a bit of Gauge 3.  Their catalogue is hard to work out but look around lot number 4100 (yes, four thousand one hundred!).  Some is Gauge 3 but some is Gauge 1 and I have no idea what four LMS coaches described as G Scale can be?

Mike

Offline Andy B

• G3 Venturer
Re: Wagons, unfinished locos and maybe more at auction
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10 2021 21:34 »
Hi Mike,
Where did you locate the catalogue? Hanson's website says it won't be live until tomorrow, but the lots are showing on the-saleroom.com. They start at 4000 for this auction.

A few clues point to the builder being local to the Erewash model engineer's track which has 2 1/2" gauge - so there is a chance that John Baguley knew the builder and possibly something of the locos.

It's a bit odd mixing G1 & G3 wagons in the same lots. I think the 4 LMS coaches are scratchbuilds - loosely based on suburban stock.
Buyers premium and fees are quite steep at +38%.

Andy

Offline MikeWilliams

• G3 Forum Moderator
Re: Wagons, unfinished locos and maybe more at auction
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10 2021 22:07 »
I got to them via the saleroom site Andy.  Yes, the premium is high but the estimates are low.  They seem quite a mix with some of the finished engines being spirit fired, but not all that detailed as none seem to have brakes.

Mike