• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Lbsc fayette

Started by Jordan_L, Feb 01 2021 20:58

« previous - next »

Jordan_L

Looking for a lbsc fayette either part built or restoration project if anyone has anything lurking under a bench

AshleyW

mike crotty was once selling a very well refurbished model, i dont have his details now, but the chairman had bought one of his locos and he may still be a member, could be worth investigating.

Traininvain

This is the Fayette Mike Crotty was selling back in 2018 and and the accompanying ad:

LBSC   FAYETTE  2 CYLINDER  BAKER VALVE GEAR , GER LIVERY  TOTALLY REFURBISHED BY  ALAN  HEADECH    ALMOST NEW CONDITION   £6500  OVNO 

not so sure smileys

Doddy

The tender looks interesting, I rather like this version more than as in viewing the 2 1/2" gauge association drawing list the tender is half coal with a bathtub rear. Did the builder of the GER Blue liveried one follow a different drawing or is it a case of modellers licence?

http://www.n25ga.org/Designs/Freelance/Fayette/Fayette%20by%20LBSC.htm

Station Road Steam had another bathtub version a fair few years back

https://www.stationroadsteam.com/2-12-inch-gauge-fayette-stock-code-2235/fullscreen/6/

Robert
"You don't know what you don't know"

MikeWilliams

A running chassis sold on ebay for £475 last December.  They do turn up regularly, in various states of disassembly or of never having been assembled in the first place.

I suspect building the boiler might not be a problem for you Jordan but we don't normally rivet them in Gauge 3!

Mike

Traininvain

Mike Crotty has just told me it is still for sale, offers over £3,750

He also has a 4-cylinder coal fired GWR King for sale built by Martin Sheriden. Offers over £6,500.

Jordan_L

Many thanks for the replies  that one for sale looks very nice indeed, I am hoping for a project rather than a running example and yes mike the boiler shouldn't be a problem... Watertubes and all

AshleyW