• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members come together to share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GWR River Class loco

Started by 753, Jun 20 2021 13:11

« previous - next »

John

The liquid mask you mention is it latex based? as I have some latex from my potting days which could work.

Mike

John Candy

Mike,
It doesn't list the ingredients on bottle but it probably is latex.
You brush it on, leave it to dry, paint and it then can be peeled off and is stretchy/rubber-like.
It is pink/purple in colour!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

The River project is finished in all it's Victorian spender, they did like polished brass on their engines. The loco has R/C and sound and chuffs along just like the real thing, and has been a very enjoyable build.

Mike

upload pic

John Branch

Mike, that is really magnificent!  With such a clean appearance, there is nowhere to hide.  Great job!

John

Nick

Splendid work, Mike. The array of springs along the engine and tender is particularly eye-catching.

Nick

Thanks for the kind comments, as I said at the outset it is an engine I particularly admire so having a G3 version is most pleasing.

Mike