• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Live steam Fowler 4F 0-6-0

Started by John Candy, Oct 08 2021 23:18

« previous - next »

John Candy

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

MikeWilliams

I'm curious that this looks to have Joy valvegear which the real 4Fs didn't.  Is that a proprietary design?

Seems like good value, even if it is worn.

Mike

John Baguley

It's the LBSC 4F 4562 design Mike. He did design it with Joy gear and both coal and spirit fired boilers.

John
Member of North West Leicestershire SME
Secretary National 2½" Gauge Association

MikeWilliams

Thank you John.  I believe there was a 5in 4F design (Martin Evans?) which also used Joy gear.  Maybe one cribbed from the other.

Mike

AshleyW

i also believe that alan marsden's 4f had joy valve gear. as did mike pavies n2 class, which i think has differing gear on the real thing. guess they go for what works best in a model.