• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Cast brass buffers

Started by Jon Nazareth, Apr 21 2020 09:06

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

I bought these buffers some time ago but, I can't for the life of me remember where I got them from and I need more.  Can anyone please help?

Jon

John Candy

Are they from Mike William's Manning Wardle?

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Jon Nazareth

John
They are the ones that I used on my Manning Wardle kit, as supplied by Mike but, I don't think that he sells those buffers.  I've sent him an email to ask all the same.

Jon

MikeWilliams

Just received your email Jon.  Yes, they are mine.  Do you mean there are other manufacturers of buffers in Gauge 3? ;)

Mike

IanT

Yours are the Best Mike!    ;D

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

MikeWilliams

OK, OK, Ian.  What do you want? !!

Not sure about other people but we have been very busy during lockdown.  Problem is that many suppliers are closed, so stocks of some parts are exhausted.  Like laser cutting, brass casting ...

Mike

IanT

Yes, it's a very difficult time for many Mike. We've been in lock-down since the AGM but we are fortunate in being retired and having a garden to sit out in. For others, it must be very hard indeed. I wouldn't want to be confined to the 14th floor in a one bedroom flat with three kids and no income - that's for sure. A good time to count our blessings.

I think we are resigned to staying this way for some time to come though - I don't really see any alternatives for what my sons charmingly refer to as 'The Elderly Ones' (e.g. their Mum & me). But I think many other parts of society should try to get back to some kid of normality as soon as possible. Not ideal I'm sure but the lesser of two evils.

However, the good news is that the weather is improving, it's no longer freezing down the Shed and I've no shortage of jobs to keep me busy.

Stay Safe everyone.

IanT   
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.