• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

G3 Wagon Transfers

Started by John Candy, Mar 14 2009 09:56

« previous - next »

John Candy

I have uploaded to the 'Members Only' section of www.gauge3.org.uk a set of lettering transfers for use on the GWR K-type furniture container. These are authentic reproductions of the lettering carried by the containers when in the choc/cream livery. They suit the GRS container casting and will provide the correct livery as portrayed in Jim Russell's 'GW Wagons Appendix' and were prepared with advice from John Lewis, the well-known author of several GWR books and a steward of the Historical Model Railway Society.
To complete the livery you will need the GWR 'twin shields' device which is available from other transfer suppliers.
Link to download www.gauge3.org.uk/members/downloads.html

I have also uploaded two other transfer sets,one for the 'National Benzole' tank wagon livery (with the logo portraying the head of 'Mercury') suitable for the GRS Air Ministry tank wagon kit and the other for the LNER 8 ton refrigerator van (kit available from 'The Wagon & Carriage Works').

These are intended for printing on decal film with laser or inkjet printers and are provided solely for the personal use of Members of The Gauge 3 Society. I retain copyright.

I am currently building the LNER van kit and a detailed article on the prototype van and the techniques employed in construction will appear in the June edition of The Gauge3 Society Newsletter, so, if you a contemplating this brass kit (or any other brass wagon kit), I am sure you will find the article of help.

Another benefit provided for Members of The Gauge 3 Society!
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.