Author Topic: Inspirational modelling in 1:22.5  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Andy B

Inspirational modelling in 1:22.5
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »
I came across this link in the Templot forum.

A selection of buildings and dioramas in 1:22.5 scale (and some in 1:35), with bits of narrow-gauge railway.
As well as the finished items, there are a number of work-in-progress pictures, showing some of the techniques used. Text is German, but for me the pictures tell the story perfectly well.

I was impressed - hope you are too........

Andy

Offline John Candy

Re: Inspirational modelling in 1:22.5
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

Andy,
Very interesting site... .at first sight I wasn't convinced they really are models, particularly those diesel storage tanks!

Turning to Templot, I bought the package about 6 years ago with the intention of using it to construct G3 pointwork but have not yet put it to any use.
Some of the settings are very technical and probably only understood by a PW engineer!
Have you used it to produce any G3 pointwork?

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline IanT

Re: Inspirational modelling in 1:22.5
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:08:41 PM »
I used Templot some years ago to "make" some G3 turnout 'templates'. Once you stop trying to make it work like CAD package and just key in the basic point dimensions, you can print out a usable template. A bit expensive if you are not going to use it very often though.

Regards.
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.