• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

G3 Project Loco

Started by 753, Feb 28 2023 12:45

« previous - next »

The G3 Society Project Loco is now in production.

The kit consists of laser cut steel parts for the chassis, laser cut brass parts for the body, all other parts are 3D printed. Included in the kit are Slaters wheels, all fixings and materials to complete the engine.
There will be a construction manual available to download and online support if required. Not included are motor /gearbox, and R/C equipment.

The cost of the kits will be £500.00 + £10 P&P by FedEx.

Please register your interest here  g3projectloco@gmail.com

Mike
P1010781 (2).JPG

Nick

Well done, Mike. The society owes you huge thanks for your energy and enthusiasm in driving this project forward to its conclusion.

Nick

Jon Nazareth

Here here and in such a short time as well.

Jon

MikeWilliams

hornbeam

Very tempted, will the boiler come pre rolled?

Thank you for the kind comments, I had the help of four other members who made valuable contributions to getting the project to this stage.

Hornbeam
The boiler, smokebox and roof are performed, to make the kit easy to construct.

There are 2 kits left from the first production run.

Mike

The second prototype in Southern livery, a good contrast to the LSWR version.
The kits are being dispatched and that brings a conclusion to the Project's first phase.
The next phase is to publicise the loco to attract new members to the society which is the whole point of the venture. I would be interested to hear ideas where to publicise the Project.

Mike

P1020100 (2).JPG

John Candy

Mike,
I will speak with Phil Parker, editor of Garden Rail, as I have been invited by him to attend the National Garden Railway Show, Peterborough, on Saturday, as part of the Garden Rail contingent.
Would you be willing to write an account of the construction?
If so, I will suggest to him that you produce an article on the project.
Otherwise, I am sure a "mention" could be arranged, to publicise the availability of the kit.
Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Dear G6 Kit Builders

As it is nearly a year since the kits were sent out, and we are receiving further interest in the kits, we would like to hear from those who bought kits as to their satisfaction, suggestions of improvements or any other comments, and more over photo's of your engines.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Mike

Jon Nazareth

I've made up the frames and the connecting rods but, that's about it, I'm afraid.  This project has been overtaken by others.

Jon