• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GRS LMS 3F 0-6-0T ("Jinty")

Started by John Candy, Aug 06 2010 20:24

« previous - next »

John Candy

Anyone yet been tempted to buy this kit?
If so, what is your verdict on accuracy, quality of parts, etc.?

I have been pondering but have doubts as to whether it is large enough to accommodate a 16.8V battery pack, plus a Mac5, plus R/c Rx unit, a sound card, speaker and associated switches (without cluttering the cab).

It was a difficult job packing everything into the LNER (GC) N5 which is a larger loco and then I only managed a 14.4v pack which does limit the top speed to around a scale 30/35mph and I shall have to try to squeeze in another couple of cells at some stage.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

cabbage

If the model doesn't fit what you intend to fit into it -then don't fit it... Does it really need a sound card and speaker system as most of the time it is likely to be far away?

regards

ralph