• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Transfers for Midland locomotives and rolling stock

Started by midlander, Jul 19 2010 10:39

« previous - next »

midlander

Hi,
New to the forum, and modelling Midland Railway.  Have been able to find or scratchbuild locos and wagons, but as yet unable to find a supplier of transfers.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks.
Chris

John Candy

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the G3 forum.

Although I am unaware of anyone offering Midland loco crests and numbering, Fox transfers do a range of wagon lettering in other scales and may be prepared to do a set in G3 if you ask.
Mike Williams recently wanted "GW" 25 inch wagon lettering and I understand they are working on this.

If you are confident with computer graphics packages, it is quite simple to prepare your own custom sheets and have them printed by GRS, Iron Road (  http://www.modelrailwaytransfers.co.uk/ ) and others offering a 'bespoke' service.

It usually works out at around 35 to 40GBP per A4 sheet according to complexity.

I shall eventually be preparing a MR wagon lettering sheet for my own use but it is unlikely to be before the Autumn.

Regards,
John Candy
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

midnight miller

Hello All

Try Slaters plasticard , Get hold of a Mr White who is a bit of a Midland fan and also I suspect keen on Gauge 3

John