• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

2012 calander

Started by AllWight, Dec 15 2011 23:14

« previous - next »

AllWight

Hi guys

This morning I received a rather nice surprise from Roger Salisbury in the form of a 2012 calandar with photos taken by him of the 2011 GTG's at a few select railways such as Bordon, Blackgang, Chalfont, Tenterden and Timperley. Engines that are included are generally all tank engines but there is a couple of live steam engines thrown in as well. I believe Roger has done this as a bit of fun and I have to say it looks really professional. Perhaps the Society ought to produce a calandar each year at a small cost. Ted Sadler is our own Society photographer and we could have another means of publicity as well as put onto it the specific dates such as GTG and the AGM.

Mark

classicdelights

Excellent idea, G1MRA do a very good one but they show steam locos each month, not electric ones.  If it is considered worth doing I think it should show steam locomotives in action; that is actually steaming.

Phil Flint

AllWight

The calendar includes Dick Allans Schools and Gladys, Roger Salisbury's gas fired pannier and Chris Shanks gas fired IOW 02 W22 Brading as well as some high quality southern engines that happen to be RC battery power. I hear what you are saying but we are not purely steam society so we need to be fair and even include some diesels.

Mark

MikeWilliams

"we are not purely steam society ". Quite agree Mark - probably a 50/50 split would be best.  I think this calendar would be a great idea, provided somebody is prepared to compile it, print it, market it etc.

Mike

AllWight

I would like to stress this is a personal effort on Roger's side and the pictures included are of quality Southern and a little GWR as well. This is merely a thought as a way of improving the G3S image further.
This is not for a debate here merely to say how innovative our members are.

Mark