Author Topic: Signal boxes  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Eddy Williams

Re: Signal boxes
« Reply #15 on: Oct 05 2019 23:35 »
The signal box is based on a mixture of gwr boxes, inspiration taken from toddington, Buckfastleigh, blue anchor crossing ect,  It could do with some vents on the roof, something i will think about adding in future.

Offline Doddy

« Reply #16 on: Oct 06 2019 08:54 »
Hello Eddy,

You can also add the following locations . . .
  • Drump Lane (Redruth Cornwall)
  • Astrop (Kings Sutton nr Banbury)
  • Cranwell (East Somerset Railway)
  • Malvern Wells

And there I was expecting you say it was a copy of the RATIO signal box.  :-[

Either way, the technique you have developed for 'interlocking fingers' works really well on your models.  ;D
"You don't know what you don't know"

Offline Eddy Williams

« Reply #17 on: Oct 06 2019 19:27 »
Yes the interlocking fingers works ok, they need to be grouted tho, to fill in any gaps and to make them stronger, easily done with chemical metal or tile groute, i scrape it on then rub it off with a wet cloth, makes for a neat finish.
What would be really nice is a lever frame of sorts, not really sure the best way to go about doing this, the question being, static or the ability to be converted to working, or sorts, i quite like the idea of having the levers on my own box moving in relation to signals and points, even if its just for display purposes

Offline cabbage

« Reply #18 on: Oct 06 2019 23:03 »
GEM (as sold by MSE) used to make a white metal "gang of four" frame with brass strip levers. Simple interlocking I did using HGs system.

Regards

Ralph

Offline 753

« Reply #19 on: Oct 07 2019 09:56 »
Eddy

I think the etching process could produce a set of leavers and slotted curved base for your boxes, that could be sold an an accessory

Mike

Offline Eddy Williams

« Reply #20 on: Oct 07 2019 21:18 »
Sounfs good mike, i think brass would be an ideal material to use, i will look into this in a few weeks or so, i have a house move coming up.. Railway has been dismantled and stored, hopefully i will be able to transplant the oval pretty much, so once i have got the workshop set up again, i will have some time to look into this lever frame

Offline IanT

« Reply #21 on: Oct 07 2019 22:44 »
Wouldn't laser cut parts (in mild steel) be a good alternative for working levers/frames?

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.