Author Topic: "Mini Bricks"  (Read 1638 times)

Offline John Candy

"Mini Bricks"
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »
Following received, which may be of interest.

21st May 2012
Dear Mr Candy,
David Pratt, Who I am sure you know, popped into my ClayClay Shop in Bembridge last Friday and gave me a copy of his 'Garden Railways from the Ground up' book. Within that book are a number of web links of which you are one, hence this E mail. We manufacture and retail mini clay bricks in various sizes  (typically 32*16*10.6mm and 48*24*16mm sizes) - these can be used for a lot of your layouts and buildings or we can make them specially to your scale

. If you would like further information or a free sample contact us via post, e mail or phone/fax or have a look at our web site and go to the Miniature brick page www.clayclay.co.uk

Yours sincerely
Tim Bristow
www.clayclay.co.uk
Phone and Fax 01983 875378 or mobile 07836 761541
The ClayClay Shops - 15 High St, Bembridge, Isle of Wight PO35 5SD and 4B Quay St, Lymington, Hampshire SO41 3AS

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline MikeWilliams

Re: "Mini Bricks"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »
I've seen miniature bricks on e-bay and have been tempted to have a go, but there's never enough modelling time for everything.

I'm not clear what the * means.  Their web site has the same symbol, but if they mean x and the smallest are 32mm by 16mm x 10.6mm, that's too big for us.  We need c10mm by 5mm by 3.4mm.

Mike

Offline jamiepage

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
Mike, I did buy some other bricks from ebay in a  burst of enthusiasm recently. Not sure whether I'll do anything with them because of the time involved- I'd like to, but can see them sat in a drawer for a few years then used as a wagon load. However, they look good and measure 9mm x 3mm x 4mm. Bit underscale for us, but they are sold as 1/24 bricks. The vendor is www.richardstacey.com. He also sent a catalogue of other interesting 1/24 bits, including tiles, stones, lead rolls etc and 'brick slips' which I think (could be wrong) are thin, brick sized slivers designed to be stuck on a structural wall to give a brick appearance - like computer chads a few years ago in the smaller scales. If that is what they are for, they could look quite good if then given a wash of grouting mix. (Which he also sells)
Jamie

Offline jamiepage

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »
Further to last, have just checked his website. It's not obvious  that brick slips are available in 1/24.  However, they are available, and are priced in a dedicated 1/24 price list (£20.00 for 1000 multi red, to cover 50 sq. in.). And they are chad- like things.

Offline blagdon

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 08:27:42 PM »
I picked up some of Richard Stacey's bricks etc at 4D Models, Leman Street in London (they're under Shadwell railway arches). They look very interesting, but it would cost a fortune to do a whole station building (that's why mine will be wooden), however, I am planning to construct a coal office or brick office to my wooden goods shed with them.

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate