• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

can anyone suggest a supplier of handrail knobs preferaby threaded fixing

Started by Effin Dave, Jun 23 2012 19:33

« previous - next »

Effin Dave

can anyone suggest a supplier of handrail knobs preferable threaded fixing

hornbeam

Worth looking at roundhouse of Doncaster as they do some brass ones

Si

Traininvain

Try Dave Smith at Metalsmith

He does G3 loco ones in brass that are threaded 10BA

01536 410536

AllWight

I am sure GRS supplied the brass threaded 8BA handrail knobs in the kit for the GWR 14XX that I built a year ago.

Mark

MikeWilliams

Have you looked at the table on the Society's web site  http://gauge3.org.uk/hrailtable.html  ?

Its a bit out of date now, but shows that Gauge 1 knobs may be suitable as most made for Gauge 3 or 16mm are massively overscale.

Mike

MikeWilliams

Incidentally, if anyone can add to the list details of the Walsall Model Industries' knobs, other Gauge 1 suppliers, or indeed dimensions from other prototypes, I'm sure the Webmaster would be pleased to add them to the table.

Mike

MikeWilliams

In addition to those in the table, AHB Services   www.ahbservices.co.uk   advertise a range of handrail knobs.  Has anyone seem them and can provide sizes please?

Also Tenmill advertise some in Gauge 1 ref AG216 which might suit.  Anyone used them please?

Mike

Effin Dave

Thanks everyone for your help. Got them from Metalsmith good service and good product

MikeWilliams

Could you let us know the sizes, material etc please Dave?

Mike

Effin Dave