• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

At Last .... a decent set of Buffer Stops!

Started by John Candy, Aug 31 2012 10:09

« previous - next »

John Candy

Not quite yet ready for sale ... but almost there ... so here is a preview to whet your appetite!

John Witts has developed a very nice kit for the stops shown in the photos below.
They are assembled using 50+ sets of 12BA nuts and bolts and may be supplied as a kit or ready-assembled.

Projected release date of the first batch is around end of October and numbers will be limited.

The price has not yet been finalised (a result of increases in the cost of materials since the first samples were made) but the price indication given to me by John will make them very good value.

I will post updates on availability and cost when received from John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

Latest received from John Witts on buffers stops:-

For the AGM I will have a limited number of Buffer Stops fully assembled.

Brass unit @ 45GBP

Steel unit @ 50GBP

Kits will not be available until beginning of March when supplies of delayed components should be available.

Brass Kit @ 45GBP     Ready built   @ 55GBP

Steel Kit @ £50GBP      Ready built   @ £60GBP

The above buffers stops are are to the design illustrated in the previous message (above).

John is also working on a second design, a photo of the test build is shown below.
This pattern is not yet in production but details will be provided in due course.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

ADMINISTRATOR'S NOTE

If the images in the postings above cannot be seen, you will need to LOG IN.

A security update affects some versions of Internet Explorer

John Candy