• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Lost Wax Brass Casting and Etched Brass Suppliers

Started by Doddy, Apr 29 2023 16:58

« previous - next »

Doddy

Knowing that increases in prices have recently changed the marketplace.

For the manufacturers (and homebuilders) amongst you, who are now the go-to suppliers in these two fields.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert
"You don't know what you don't know"

MikeWilliams

Taking etched brass first, I use both Grainge and Hodder and PPD.  Some don't like the surface finish from G&H but I've not had any problems with either company.  I don't know of any others that will handle the small orders we model railway people want.  One is in the Midlands and the other Scotland, so if you are close to either you might save a significant amount on postage.  Large sheets of brass are expensive to post.

A for brass casting, Devon Metalcrafts no longer do model railway things and I use Beechcast, Abbey Casting, Slaters or Plataurum Design.  I suspect there may be others, plus at least one newcomer who is also a Gauge 3 member - Gavin?

Mike

Doddy

Thank you Mike, two of your choices were on my list of contacts, so I'll play with those first.

Robert
"You don't know what you don't know"

MikeWilliams

Very happy to discuss the merits privately.  All are good in their own way - just depends what you want.

Mike