• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Help needed for a complex (for me!) turning job.

Started by MikeWilliams, Nov 02 2019 10:58

« previous - next »

cabbage

If you look at the third shot of the marmite bottle it should be possible to print in a 5mm hole for you to insert a length of M5 threaded rod. I should be home tomorrow lunchtime and I will warm up the RepRap for you.

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

Should be home for lunchtime. Hospital wifi is terrible! I am going to amputate the basal torus leaving just the connecting cylinder. Then "bore and tap" an M5 threaded hole through it. You should have something worth while at tea time.

I can see how it would have been made at the patten shop - but I bet there were a few "words" whilst doing it!!!

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

OK. This is what I propose to print. Tell me if I have got it wrong!

It now takes 1hr 45min to print but only costs 10p!

regards
ralph

cabbage

Well this is the first trial print!

Send me an e-mail with your postal address and I will post it.

Regards

Ralph

MikeWilliams

cabbage

You have mail! The postmistress insisted she had to know what it was "it is a 3d print of an LNWR end bracket"...

Regards

Ralph

MikeWilliams

Just to finish off this completely off-topic thread, here is the luggage rack bracket pattern, a casting and offered into position inside the carriage.  Rack itself yet to be made.

Thank you again Ralph.

Mike

Mike

cabbage

I wondered what had happened to it! It was actually a very simple CAD design. But to be honest I did feel sorry for the patten makers shop when I printed it...

Regards

Ralph