• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Poppy's Wood Tech?

Started by John Candy, Feb 11 2016 22:55

« previous - next »

John Candy

"Poppy's Wood Tech" http://www.pagenumberone.co.uk/poppys/index.html

QuoteQuote : We have provided our kits up to Gauge 3, and our products can be produced in any scale – please contact us by e-mail with your requirements.

Anyone here used them to produce G3 items?

John
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Very interesting site. Worth remembering if they make all this stuff in G3.

Robert. 492

Geoff Nicholls

I got them to blow up their 7mm GER station awning valance to G3. worked out very nicely.
Geoff.

John Candy

Geoff,

Would I be right in thinking they are made from MDF?
Am wondering about some of their fencing as well as awning valance.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

IanT

The valences would certainly save a lot of time and effort.

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Peaky 556

John, the site says, I think, that all are made from birch ply?
Not sure how this works when the edges are visible though...
Tim

Geoff Nicholls

the valance they did for me was 1.5mm (or 1.6mm) ply, with the grain going in  the correct direction.  I'm pretty sure I chose the thickness from what they offered, I don't remember saying anything about the grain. the 'scribed' planking lines are nicely done, sufficient to be visible after painting, but not too obvious.
Geoff.