• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

New (to me at least) a Dutch supplier of etched brass materials.

Started by John Candy, Dec 11 2018 09:24

« previous - next »

John Candy

Recently the model shop in Ely has started stocking fresh ranges of materials, particularly from Japan and Holland.

While in there, buying some paint, I spotted some etched brass mesh from a Dutch company (Maquett), which I had not seen before.
The mesh I previously used (for the railbus oil cooling radiators) had been from "Scalelink", which I bought very many years ago and is rather thin and flimsy.
This new mesh (available in several sizes of mesh grid) is much stronger, less pliable, and can be spray painted without clogging.

I used it for the engine cover mesh panels as in attached photo, sprayed with chocolate car aerosol paint.

It would be suitable for many diesel/electric applications, such as the bodyside/roof vents and radiator frost screens, etc.

John.

P.S. A link to their downloadable catalogue
http://www.maquett.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MAQUETT-CATALOGUS-2018-web.pdf
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.