Author Topic: Gone 'n' dunnit!  (Read 2445 times)

Offline cabbage

Re: Gone 'n' dunnit!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30 2021 09:08 »
It sounds like the .scad for this is one huge program? Personally I would have done this in three pieces and assembled them into a single module.

To me this breaks down as:

The upper door frame made from cubes.
The lower door frame (tumble home) printed as a section of a cylinder printed vertically.
The frippery which are simple half cylinders.

When I started in 1973 the O/S was UNIX sys III on an HP computer the size of my freezer it had 64k of ring core memory. Nowadays my humble machine has 12Gb and 16 processors.

I agree with you about the profit motivation, but that has never driven me. I do have to design some Greasly articulateds for my EE-1 to pull. So I will probably donate the .scad files for them to the G3 WIKI.

Regards

Ralph

Offline John Candy

« Reply #31 on: Mar 30 2021 09:50 »
Ralph,

I will email the file for the guard's door for you to see what I have done.

One aspect of OpenSCAD I have not yet had time to investigate is how to (if it is possible) import a file into another. By that I mean, having separate modules (as you mention) and then grouping them in a single file ..... It sounds as though that may be possible from what you have said? A bit like calling a sub-routine into a main program.

Regards,
John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline cabbage

« Reply #32 on: Mar 30 2021 16:30 »
John,
You should be looking at CURA to collect your modules in a print.

Regards

Ralph