• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Garter blue...

Started by cabbage, Feb 21 2021 10:16

« previous - next »

cabbage

I don't have a catalogue of "Locomotive Design"... I do know that there are designs for LMS coaches. The madness has got so bad that if I can dave enough to get a Coronation Scot new from Kingscale - it is going need coaches et al.

Qiestion; are the LMS coaches of the correct era that I could paint them Garter Blue with Silver stripes?

Regards

Ralph

John Candy

Ralph,
The Coronation Scot carriages were standard Stanier pattern coaches with modifications, the principal visual difference being the pressure ventilation ducting along the roof.
The diagram numbers were:

D1902 RFO (first open dining)
D1905 BTK (side corridor bke third)
D1912 RK  (kitchen car)
D1960 FK (side corridor first)
D1961 BFK (side corridor bke first)
D1981 RTO (third open dining)

Regards,
John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

cabbage

John, thankyou for that! It looks like four 1st class, a 1st class dining, and 1st brake. Have come from another railway system it puzzled me for years that the LMS Stoves wagon did not contain the kitchen for the dining car!

Regards

Ralph

AshleyW

i only know of custom coaches who possibly may make the stanier coaches. they were looking for potential buyers a few years ago and ran some adverts in the newsletter, they were very expensive, but also very exquisite. maybe a couple of our members bought some ???
perhaps a multiple number of enquiries to kingscale could twist jon's arm to do some, as there are a few coronation and duchess runners now, who'd probably welcome those types ???