Author Topic: 40 foot table top layout at 2015 AGM  (Read 1649 times)

Offline 454

40 foot table top layout at 2015 AGM
« on: Dec 24 2014 16:11 »
The Newsletter recently received suggests there will be a table top layout of 40 feet length. This is possible as I can provide the GRS track & materials to make this happen.

It will take about an hour to set up.

But if I do provide the track then those attending the 2015 AGM show are invited & welcome to run their battery/RC locos & rolling stock on it.

My plan can accommodate up to 5 locomotives subject to size. Max size being 3 feet long ( i.e. my Peak diesel).
Max train length will only be 8 feet inclusive of loco so short trains will be the normal operating principle.
2 operators will be able control their locos at each end of layout.
There will be room for 3 separate rolling stock consists.
Trains will be shunted at A & run to B where a loco swap & run around will happen. This enables changes & variations in running to be achieved without it becoming boring.

I will not be bringing any locos over to the show other than my Peak diesel so it is up to you the members to provide rolling stock & varied motive power to make this operation worthwhile. Without it it is a waste of effort.

It should be good fun for a few hours.

Cheers
Happy Christmas & a Great G3ing New Year to all

Dave

Offline badlydrawnroy

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
  • G3 Society Member No. 634
Re: 40 foot table top layout at 2015 AGM
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26 2014 12:27 »
I'm up for bringing my Swiss consist - and having a driving trailer at one end I will not need to run around (leaving more space for others to do so)

Let's get this show on the road guys!

Offline 454

« Reply #2 on: Dec 26 2014 20:42 »
Roy,

All you would do is occupy one siding of 3 at one end & go to other end & return. Simple.

Then after you get bored or we need variation remove your train to static display & we place something else on the track instead. The more the merrier.

Cheers
Dave

Offline 118

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31 2014 17:16 »
Hi Dave
I am happy to bring my '66' - should just about fit into the maximum length requirement !
Best Regards and Happy New Year
Mike H
(PS I notice that some blighter's are trying to introduce G3 to the 2 1/2" g folks !)

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31 2014 19:49 »
I notice that some blighter's are trying to introduce G3 to the 2 1/2" g folks !)

Do tell Dave . . . please!

Mike

Offline 454

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31 2014 22:55 »
Hi "Mike H" alias "118" welcome to the forum, I reckon that there were two Gauge 3 guys offering a Gauge 3 article to "Steam Chest" this winter. At least Gauge 3 is appealing to a wider audience now  8)

Must admit though it was fun doing 6 laps of the Fylde M.E. track this summer with Green Arrow on a non-scenic elevated line with wind, steam & smoke in my eyes  :)

Of course the 66 will be most welcome on the table top, I am hoping that 8 feet radius turnouts will not cause any large loco embarrassing derailments. If we have radii derailment issues then our larger locos can be placed on the "straightish" middle road & run taking turns back & forth.

Best regards to all & have a Happy New Year.
Dave

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01 2015 08:47 »
Apologies MikeH for calllng you Dave, and welcome.  You seem to have been part of Gauge 3 for so many years I didn't spot that this was your first post.

See you at Biggleswade - and hopefully anyone else with even a passing interest in Gauge 3, as it is THE place to be.

Mike