Author Topic: LMS Lego  (Read 4106 times)

Offline cabbage

Re: LMS Lego
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 06:10:49 PM »
Honestly -I was trying to cut down on them!!! I had begun to feel that I was dominating the Newsletter...

I have the second part of my thesis to finish and submit, so sometime towards the start of March -but before the AGM.

regards

ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 09:04:59 AM »
Rather than sit and huddle by the stove I have set the RepRap in motion again, THEN gone and huddled by the stone!!! I am printing Building ][ which was the shed for "The Twins". These I have inherited from the late Dave Lowe..

All the modules that are used to print it may be found in the G3 wiki. I suppose I should produce a directory of shapes for it?

Regards

Ralph

Offline Doddy

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 09:18:41 AM »
Dear Ralph,

I take my hat off to you! The Rep-Rap machine you have bought for yourself is really bringing models to life - particularly suited I think to printing model buildings.

For your sheer persistence in proving what can be done with Rep-Rap and your comfort in sharing your work is truly inspirational. Many thanks for all you have done to improve my understanding of the hobby.

Excellent work!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"You don't know what you don't know"

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
Well said that man!

Offline cabbage

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
Robert, I am embarrassed... It was you who sent me the picture of LMS 10,000 emerging from Building ][. You also sent me a rendering of the loco in "Royal Scot" livery. It males them look drop dead gorgeous!!! In my heart I know they should be black with silver. But when I look at the picture I go "OH WOW" in my head.

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »

After more applied Zen , a wall block takes four hours to print! We arrive at the skeleton  for a wall module.

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »
I exhibited the station and bridge at the AGM yesterday. I think I shocked a lot of people. Not with the actual buildings but how cheap they were to make. I turned down several approaches for commissions.

So, here are a few figures:

Prusa i3 Reprap £107
1.75mm PLA £11 each I used two and a bit so call it £25.

All the scripts for the Lms Lego parts can be found on the G3wiki. Happy printing!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »
Two days of sticky work I have one curtain wall of four and a partially built window wall, also one of four. The machine is hard at work and I can use three days of production on one curtain wall...

Regards

Ralph

Offline LankyTank

• G3 Society Member
  • Old enough to know better, but I don't care.....
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 04:23:58 PM »
Ralph

I'm guessing you were positioned at the top of the steps on the stage (not the best position?) - saw them from afar but apologies for not stopping for a closer look.

Every time I passed by, I was on my way to something 'very important' - you know, like when you climb the stairs at home & by the time you get to top you've forgotten what you'd gone upstairs for.

Barry

Offline IanT

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:01 PM »
I very much liked your foot bridge Ralph - a complex structure that would be time consuming & difficult to construct using other means. I was also surprised at your estimated cost of the materials consumed (which was much lower than I had expected).

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline blagdon

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
Ralph,
Anne and I thought your station and footbridge were Brilliant, Well Done!

I took some video of them, but as you know, the lighting wasn't up to much; I will see if any clips are suitable for our 'TeamPIRATE' You Tube channel.

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate

Offline cabbage

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »

As to being at the top of the stairs - believe me by mid day I really knew it!!! They got steeper as the day went on. By the look of the grand son of the person with you IanT I can see that he would grab a Reprap...
 BR
this is a completed curtain wall and window wall.

Offline cabbage

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 08:43:53 AM »
One side wall is now complete. It will require a little addition of glass fibre putty to fully strengthen it. But I can hold one end and the other end doesn't fall off!

Regards

Ralph

image album upload

Offline cabbage

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 09:13:58 AM »
Two days of good weather after a monumental pub crawl produce this...

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »
Well the printer has kept going and I now have two wall curtains and half a roof. Structurally speaking it is very strong but not very water tight!!! At 1.2m long -it will be a suitable home for "the twins" or a couple of Peaks...

It is not going anywhere else but outside so your only chance to see it is here!!!

Regards

Ralph