• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Live steam 0-6-0 at auction

Started by MikeWilliams, Apr 27 2018 22:58

« previous - next »

MikeWilliams

Gorringes have a 2 1/2in gauge 0-6-0 in their sale on 14th May

"A LIVE STEAM 2.5 INCH 0-6-0 TENDER LOCOMOTIVE, BLACK LIVERY, OVERALL 75CM"

Starting price only £120 (the wheels would cost more than that new) and auctioneers estimate £200 - £300.

Mike

Peaky 556

Not very pretty though , is it?

MikeWilliams

IanT

Maybe it just needs some TLC (and a boiler certificate)     ;)

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

MikeWilliams

It looks like a commercial model to me, but I have no idea what.

Mike

cabbage

You lot have no eye for its inner beauty and joy!!! Plus the fact "It's not easy being green..."

Regards

Ralph

Andy B

cabbage

If it is that loco -then I will have a "punt"!!! The N2.5GA say that they have the plans which would make restoration a lot easier. If it is home made then I could hit it with the stripper with no qualms. A commercial item I would treasure in its wear and tear.

Regards

Ralph

MikeWilliams

Well Ralph, did you have that punt?  and the result?  I believe it sold for just above the higher estimate, plus commission I assume.

Mike

cabbage

I did! Oh well I hope the buyer enjoys it.

Regards

Ralph