Author Topic: BR Mk.1 in carmine / cream livery.  (Read 494 times)

Offline John Candy

• G3 Forum Administrator
BR Mk.1 in carmine / cream livery.
« on: Jan 14 2020 18:22 »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gauge-3-Coach/323970584081?hash=item4b6e26ce11:g:yKYAAOSwkZldwYhY

This model is listed as "collection only" from Walsall.
It is described as new and looks to be in mint condition.
Manufacturer is not named it would likely be Kingscale but otherwise could have been built from a Walsall Model Industries kit.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline John Candy

• G3 Forum Administrator
Re: BR Mk.1 in carmine / cream livery.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02 2020 08:22 »
Mk1. for £999

https://www.grsuk.com/shop/G3-Bowande-Mk1-Coach-M15172

Looks as though it could be the one which sold on ebay for £600 a few weeks back (see post above).

Caveat emptor ...... keep your eyes open and you can save a fortune on secondhand stock, compared with "retail" prices. Kingscale (Bowande) locos and stock should not be treated as investments....they are invariably sold at huge losses to the first owners.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline LankyTank

• G3 Society Member
  • Old enough to know better, but I don't care.....
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02 2020 08:32 »
John

I was in the shop when these arrived, there's four of them, none of which seem to have had much (if any) running. There's also a Britannia along with them.

Barry.

Offline John Candy

• G3 Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02 2020 08:52 »
Barry,

I can now see that the listing says "4 in stock", so clearly not the same item as on Ebay.

Since the Ebay item sold for just £600, it does put the GRS pricing into perspective.
At £999 they are still a saving on the "new" price of £1249(?) but their true value is what someone is willing to pay (and I suspect the market is saturated with Mk.1s from various suppliers).

Regards,
John.

Offline AshleyW

• G3 Society News Officer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04 2020 17:33 »
it went for less!